Save over $1,000 dollars or more per employee, by investing $50 per employee.
First and foremost, I have been in the longboard business for over a year now and I must say: it’s competitive niche. I’ve tracked over 76 companies involved in the longboard trade. With thousands of options and people are missing the point.
Why Consider Longboards for your Team?
Rarely discussed are the corporate/organization benefits of longboards.
What affect does longboarding have on your business?
1. Health. Companies with longboarders as employees are literally healthier. There’s no other way around the fact that longboarding contributes to health in 2 ways. First, longboarding encourages us to use a less energy intensive form of transportation, that has the dual benefit of providing exercise.
But wait, isn’t walking more cost-effective than longboarding?
Absolutely not. Think about it- wheels versus feet. While it does take some energy to manufacturer, distribute and market longboards, and it takes energy to use them, there is a payback, because of 3 main factors.
Time spent in transportation – This is an easy one. Longboarding is about 6 times faster than walking. You probably walk most everywhere if you live downtown. Count up the trips per day. Estimate the time per trip. Multiply by the amount of days you leave the house. The fact is, if you use public transportation, you typically have 4 independent periods of walking.
A 1-destination trip by transit = 4 walks:
Now, that’s assuming you aren’t a student traveling between multiple classes, in which case you’d likely have upwards of 10+ trips per day . While each trip may only account for a couple minutes or more, your walking adds up. By longboarding, you reduce the total surface contact with the ground (and total friction), allowing you to go farther with the same amount of energy. On hot days, you spend less time in the sun, because your total trip time is lowered. Not to mention, you catch a breeze, rather than a sunburn.
The fact that you’re exercising is actually an added bonus. If you currently get your work out fix elsewhere, serious consider combining transit and fitness. It’s a matter of killing two birds with one stone, so to speak.
1.B. Abs. We all want them. There’s a fitness industry with all kinds of products you’ll rarely use or bother to take out of storage. On a longboard, you can literally get places with your abs, using a move called “Pumping” the longboard. Basically, what you do is fix you feet in place, and try to twist the board around an imaginary center point in the middle of the longboard, while moving in a forward trajectory. If you’re twisting around the center point, your front leg will be applying pressure in the opposite direction as you back foot. Keep that in mind when trying to pump. Your aim should be to create a wave around your direction.
2. Energy. Healthier employees are more productive because they have more energy. They don’t need to turn to stimulants such as coffee or cola, which drain your body of vitamins. I think the evidence is conclusive – living an active lifestyle increases your lifespan. It fights depression. It builds self esteem. These qualities in any individual directly translate to our ability to tackle problems in our work and personal life.
3. Sleep. Employees who longboard to get to work have more time to sleep in. Sleep is a wonder drug. It improves productivity, friendliness, and our ability to cope with difficult situations.
4. Stellar R.O.I. Longboards have an extremly high economic payback (ROI). If you value your time, compare the time you save with the base price of a longboard. I save roughly 300 hours per year, or about $9000 worth of time at $30/hour. Now, that time won’t literally turn into $9000, however, with an extra 300 hours at your disposal, it could turn into a whole lot more. When you factor in the cost of health-care in many regions, this really is a small price to pay for preventative care. Heart surgery, liposuction, and many other therapies are expensive for both the patient, the insurance provider and the company paying the premiums. Preventative care will likely be cheaper by a factor of 50 or more as employees age without exercise.
Productivity Gains: $1,000 – $10,000 per year
Time Gains: 50 – 500+ hours per year
Incentive Gains: (Varies)
Health Gains: ($2,000 – $20,000 over a decade)
Morale Gains: (Intangible)
There are many more benefits to longboarding which you many value in dollars, such as creating a ‘fun’ or ‘youthful’ work culture or attracting new recruits. Longboards are a great way to target specific demographics for lifestyle products.
5. Incentives. Longboards can provide incentive for your team to hit a sales target, development target, fundraising target, or any other explicit goal you want to set. Instead of a gift-card, why not give a product that delivers long-term benefit for the organization and the individual.
6. Personal/Corporate Expression. Longboards, like fashion, give us another medium to express ourselves. Designs are fully customizable. Again, if used as a reward and incentive for your team, this can do wonders for morale. Corporate or organizational branding is simply another potential benefit that won’t cost you much more, especially with your group discount.
7. Event Marketing. Longboards make excellent marketing tools! Do you want your brand reps to reach farther? Do you want them to interact with the public more actively? Longboards can help!
8. Operations. Eliminate bottlenecks! If you’re running a business that depends on a critical supply, sometimes you need to send a runner out to get that input. Reach a farther distance in a shorter period of time.
9. Human Resources. Longboards make great incentives for recruiting your dream team. Non-cash incentives are intrinsically worth more, because the perceived benefit is a multiple of the unit cost to your organization.
10. Email me at email@example.com. Tell me a little bit about your organization, and I’d be happy to put together a proposal. As the owner and manager of Longboardable.com and Plunder Ventures, I will put together a proposal for your organization that will SAVE you a WAD of Cash$$$ !